MNGI Digestive Health (MNGI) remains open and is continuing to provide high-quality digestive care to patients who need it.
- This includes seeing patients for infusion therapy, clinic appointments, and laboratory tests.
- We also continue to perform procedures deemed necessary for the current or future health of patients with symptoms or signs of GI illness. Elective procedures will be postponed.
- The locations where these appointments are scheduled may change. Patients will be notified of any changes, and related updates will be reflected on our website.
These continued services will help hospitals and the rest of our health care system to focus on other emerging priorities.
If you have one of the appointment types listed above and have any of these symptoms (cough, fever, and/or recent breathing difficulty) or have had close contact with an individual with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, please call us at 612-871-1145 to reschedule.
At the same time, MNGI is working hard to continually monitor the coronavirus outbreak while also keeping everyone’s health and safety as our top priority. For that reason, we have made the following changes to upcoming patient appointments:
What is changing for outpatient procedures in our Ambulatory Surgery Centers –
- MNGI is postponing any elective, non-essential procedure that can be delayed without undue risk to the current or future health of the patient, including (but not limited to) the following procedures:
- Esophageal Motility pH testing
- Bravo pH testing
- Hemorrhoid banding appointments
- EGD procedures (upper endoscopy) that are elective or non-essential (based on physician review)
- Colonoscopies that are elective or non-essential with no symptoms present. This includes screening procedures.
- MNGI is working to contact patients to cancel existing appointments that do not meet the urgent, essential or symptomatic criteria. Procedures will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Drivers who are accompanying patients for their procedures will be given the option of waiting in a vehicle or leaving until the patient is ready to leave. If a driver/guest chooses to be in our waiting room, they will need to be screened by our staff for COVID-19 symptoms and/or exposure.
- New referrals or procedure requests will be evaluated by a MNGI physician and prioritized only if a delay would present an undue risk to the current or future health of the patient. Elective, non-essential, and screening procedures will be deferred and scheduled at a later date.
What is changing for appointments in our Clinic locations –
- MNGI is working to increase telephone care where possible, to support social distancing recommendations. This includes appointments with our providers and our dietitians.
- Depending on the type of visit, MNGI will be contacting patients and changing clinic appointments to telephone visits.
- Based on that phone visit, it is possible that some patients may then be scheduled for in-person clinic visits, lab tests, and/or procedures
- Guest Limitations: Adult patients are asked to come on their own without guests unless it is a translator or legal guardian. Pediatric patients are allowed one adult visitor and no other children at this time. All guests will need to be screened by our staff for COVID-19 symptoms and/or exposure.
- New referrals or requests for clinic appointments will be scheduled as an in-person visit based upon clinical need, scheduled as a telephone visit or deferred until a later date.
Other important resources for our patients:
- Please follow these other links for information about specific conditions, procedures, and updates from MNGI Digestive Health:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for MNGI IBD Patients
- Additional Covid-19 resources for IBD patients can be found at the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation Website
For other COVID-19 concerns: