MNGI Digestive Health is open and here for you.
MNGI has continued to provide high-quality GI specialty care for patients throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. These continued services have helped hospitals and the rest of our health care system to focus on other emerging priorities. Health and safety are our top priority and we have established policies and operational changes to ensure that for our MNGI patients, caregivers and visitors. More information is provided below.
MNGI Endoscopy Centers are included in the recent Vaccine Mandate for Healthcare Employers by the Centers for Medicare/Medicaid services (CMS). MNGI is in full compliance with the CMS Vaccine Mandate.
This page has been updated for 2022 and more information is provided below.
We look forward to seeing you!
The entire team of caregivers at MNGI Digestive Health
Other important resources for our IBD patients:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for MNGI IBD Patients
- Additional Covid-19 resources for IBD patients can be found at the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation Website
For other COVID-19 concerns:
The Governor and MN Department of Health have removed restrictions on elective and non-emergent procedures. New appointment requests are being handled as they come into us and patients will be seen based on health indications and priority. There may be a situation where MNGI recommends a virtual or televisit to make a final determination on prioritization.
If you develop COVID-19, are exposed to COVID-19 or have COVID-19 like symptoms at any point after you schedule your appointment, please call our office to determine if it is okay to proceed with your visit. COVID-19 guidelines for health care facilities may differ from community guidelines. In addition, if you are having flu-like symptoms (such as fever, cough, shortness of breath) within 14 days of your appointment, please call to reschedule. To cancel or reschedule for any other reason, please call 612-871-1145 at least 72 hours prior to your appointment.
MNGI also requires each person entering the facility to have a surgical grade mask or higher. If you are wearing a less effective mask type, a surgical mask will be provided to you at the time of check in at our facility.
If you have any questions or concerns about the care and services described above, please reach out to us at 612-871-1145. You can easily request an appointment below.
Patient safety and infection control has always been a top priority. Because MNGI was continuing to perform some urgent procedures, infusion therapy and necessary in-person care, steps have already been taken to ensure patients and staff would be safe and comfortable in our facility. You will notice changes when you visit us and here are just a few of our initiatives to provide safety and reassurance -
- MNGI is not treating or caring for covid-19 patients in our facilities. We are also not a covid-19 testing site for people with symptoms or suspected exposure.
- MNGI will screen all patients for COVID-19 symptoms as well as screen all staff and visitors upon arrival to any MNGI facility.
- MNGI is in full compliance with the CMS Vaccine Mandate for Healthcare Employers by the Centers for Medicare/Medicaid services (CMS).
- Only staff and providers who have certified that they are healthy and passed screening will be allowed to work.
- Up-to-date and increased use of PPE by all MNGI staff and care providers
- Surgical grade mask requirement for anyone entering (and for the duration of their time at) our locations
- Limiting of guests. For adult patients coming to an Endoscopy Center, one driver will be allowed to accompany the patient and wait in the lobby. Drivers who chose not to stay in the lobby during the patient’s procedure must remain on the premises. Drivers will also be asked a series of COVID-19 screening questions. For adult patients coming to a clinic, infusion, or lab, one guest will be allowed to accompany patients. For pediatric patients coming to an Endoscopy Center, two parents/guardians will be allowed to accompany the patient. For pediatric patients coming into the clinic, infusion, or lab, there are no visitor restrictions.
- Social distancing and other infection prevention measures, including hand washing, respiratory etiquette, and re-engineered and administratively controlled spaces and flow in patient and staff areas
- Routine and deep cleaning, disinfecting and decontamination regimens including more frequency of high-touch areas. MNGI also has ventilation systems that help to exchange the air at regular intervals
- MNGI also has a Covid-19 Workplace Plan for all providers and staff to follow, detailing current workplace safety and infection prevention procedures
- For all in-person visits, please view this document for all appointment materials.
Telehealth visits are another option for patients who need to be seen for a clinic appointment but are apprehensive or who have developed COVID-19, are exposed to COVID-19 or have COVID-19 like symptoms. MNGI's virtual provider visits (video) are available for first time consultations, follow-up appointments, and dietitian support, as well as physician evaluation for endoscopic procedures. Not every doctor’s appointment can be replaced by telehealth and some may still require an in person physical exam or lab tests. Based on the telehealth visit, it is possible that some patients may then be scheduled for in-person clinic visits, lab tests, and/or procedures. Telehealth is also available to patients requesting interpreter services. Televisits (by phone) are available for patients who do not have the ability to do the video visit.
It is particularly important for all IBD and immunosuppressed patients to stay on schedule for biologic medications. MNGI has taken extra measures to ensure those infusion appointments occur while also keeping patients healthy and safe. We have provided for social distancing as well as added an additional location offering infusion services for pediatric patients starting at age 9. Patients who are 14 years or older can be scheduled at any of our six infusion locations. Please do not stop taking any biologic medications and talk with a MNGI provider before making any adjustments. If the biologic medications require an infusion, please do not skip those appointments. Infusion therapy at MNGI is a great solution for anyone concerned about going to the hospital for these services and/or having someone come into their home.