MNGI Digestive Health is open and here for you.
MNGI has continued to provide high-quality GI specialty care for patients throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, even though we have had to change how we deliver those services along the way. This includes seeing patients in-person for infusion therapy, laboratory tests, some clinic appointments and procedures. These continued services have helped hospitals and the rest of our health care system to focus on other emerging priorities. Health and safety are our top priority and we have established policies and operational changes to ensure that for our MNGI patients, caregivers and visitors. More information is provided below.
We look forward to seeing you!
The entire team of caregivers at MNGI Digestive Health
Other important resources for our IBD patients:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for MNGI IBD Patients
- Additional Covid-19 resources for IBD patients can be found at the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation Website
For other COVID-19 concerns:
The Governor and MN Department of Health have removed restrictions on elective and non-emergent procedures. We continue to prioritize procedural patients based upon symptoms and clinical indications and reaching out to patients whose procedures were deferred because of the executive order. We have begun the process of increasing access and can care for all patients in a timely fashion. New appointment requests are being handled as they come into us and patients will be seen based on health indications and priority. There may be a situation where MNGI recommends a virtual or televisit to make a final determination on prioritization. We encourage anyone who has had to delay treatment or reschedule appointments to contact us at 612-871-1145. We will be reaching out to each of you as well.
If you have any questions or concerns about the care and services described above, please reach out to us at 612-871-1145. You can easily request an appointment below.
Patient safety and infection control has always been a top priority. Because MNGI was continuing to perform some urgent procedures, infusion therapy and necessary in-person care, steps have already been taken to ensure patients and staff would be safe and comfortable in our facility. You will notice changes when you visit us and here are just a few of our initiatives to provide safety and reassurance -
- MNGI is not treating or caring for covid-19 patients in our facilities. We are also not a covid-19 testing site for people with symptoms or suspected exposure.
- We have 3 different points of covid-19 screening for patients; twice before their appointment and immediately upon arrival to our location.
- Mandatory daily screening for all physicians and staff before entering the workplace.
- Up-to-date and increased use of PPE by all MNGI staff and care providers
- Mask requirement for anyone entering (and for the duration of their time at) our locations
- Limiting of guests. Adult patients are being asked to attend clinic, lab or infusion appointments alone and drivers are being asked to wait in a vehicle. One parent/guardian or guest is allowed for pediatric patients, patients with disabilities, and patients with interpreters.
- Social distancing and other infection prevention measures, including hand washing, respiratory etiquette, and re-engineered and administratively controlled spaces and flow in patient and staff areas
- Routine and deep cleaning, disinfecting and decontamination regimens including more frequency of high-touch areas. MNGI also has ventilation systems that help to exchange the air at regular intervals
- MNGI also has a Covid-19 Workplace Plan for all providers and staff to follow, detailing current workplace safety and infection prevention procedures
- For all in-person visits, please view this document for all appointment materials.
MNGI is scheduling virtual provider visits (video) for new and existing patients while social distancing recommendations remain in place. These appointments are available for first time consultations, follow-up appointments, and dietitian support, as well as physician evaluation for any diagnostic or urgent procedures. Not every doctor’s appointment can be replaced by telehealth and some may still require an in person physical exam or lab tests, which continue to be scheduled as needed. Based on the telehealth visit, it is possible that some patients may then be scheduled for in-person clinic visits, lab tests, and/or procedures Telehealth is also available to patients requesting interpreter services. Televisits (by phone) are available for patients who do not have the ability to do the video visit.
It is particularly important for all IBD and immunosuppressed patients to stay on schedule for biologic medications. MNGI has taken extra measures to ensure those infusion appointments occur while also keeping patients healthy and safe. We have provided for social distancing as well as added an additional location offering infusion services for pediatric patients starting at age 9. Patients who are 14 years or older can be scheduled at any of our six infusion locations. Please do not stop taking any biologic medications and talk with a MNGI provider before making any adjustments. If the biologic medications require an infusion, please do not skip those appointments. Infusion therapy at MNGI is a great solution for anyone concerned about going to the hospital for these services and/or having someone come into their home.